Monday, October 20, 2014

Happy Birthday!

Well, today is my first day in the blogging world.  I am so excited!  I want introduce myself.  My name is Yvonne De Aguiar.  Everyone just calls me Kay.  I am a second grade teacher in Florida.  This is my eighth year in teaching.  It took me a while to get to my dream job, you might say.  I spent about 10 years in banking before we moved the family to Florida from Virginia.  I decided to get my teaching license.  When I started teaching in Florida, the schools were packed to the hilt!  They were hiring teachers left and right.  I found myself working with wonderful students and amazing teachers.  I owe some of those wonderful teacher a great deal making me the teacher I am today. 

Anyway, enough of that.  I want to get to the real reason I decided to start my life in the blogging world.  I want to release my creative juices!!  This summer I started creating amazing units for classroom and decided to start a store on Teachers Pay Teachers.  Well, it started off slow and has now doubled in income each month.  Well, not really the first month, I only made $38 that month. 

With this blog, not only do I want to blog about the wonderful things happening in my classroom, I also want to blog about my successes on TPT.  We as teachers need to show the world what we can do.  We are amazing, carrying, and creative human beings.  Lets show the world what we are really worth.  

See you next time!
Kay De Aguiar

No comments:

Post a Comment